Promise & Potential
"What BeLonging has brought out of our teachers, learners, schools and our community is almost unimaginable.”
Dr. Alessio Morassut, Retired
Director of Elementary Schools
Mirano [Venice], Italy
Education is the cornerstone of civilization, and we will no longer allow this noble profession to be disparaged and depreciated, because its impact on future generations is incalculable. Lifelong learning is essential to building a social infrastructure that has the capacity to endure over time. BELONGING builds authenticity, develops character, and nurtures relationship skills, all of which are essential to leading. In a world driven by competition, separating winners from losers, BELONGING reveals connections and grows cooperation.
local actions ARE felt globally. When the impact is POSITIVE WHAT is meaningful BECOMES measurable.
- Cultivating perspective through understanding
- Positive and long-lasting change in learning environments
- Meeting the complex problems facing our global learning environments straight on
- Helping restore the ‘Call’ to learning and teaching
- Presenting new knowledge that makes learning, unlearning and relearning fun
- Assisting in nurturing authenticity
- Developing the competences necessary for healthy social interactions
- Providing opportunities to learn how to make healthy decisions
- Co-creating experiences where simple solutions beneﬁt everyone
Belonging is a ‘game’ of roles and responsibilities that cultivates character and competence by helping students exercise responsibility for all social interaction in their classroom.
Students learn how to responsibly deal with challenges, and have the authority to implement change. They discover that true possibilities reside – and sometimes hide – in what seems impossible.
Healthy relationships are built from inside out
Diversity is essential to harmony
Authenticity is found in natural abilities
Co-creating a shared space reduces stress
Each person is an integral part of a Whole system
What they can accomplish together is imaginable
Belonging is a solution for the challenges facing schools the world over. Why does it work? Because it’s fun!
BELONGING has been running for 14 years in elementary schools in Mirano, Italy, and is now in trials in other schools internationally. A team of dedicated individuals, organized into a not-for profit entity, are working to bring BELONGING to a broader audience in order to re-humanize education.